Lead Mechanical Engineer
Published: 26 January 2022
Nordic Hi-Fi A/S, Lystrup
Mechanical Design and Engineering For Manufacturing (DFM and EFM) of Hi-Fi products and speaker systems.
As a result of growth we have created this position, for our new colleague who will be working both very independently and closely together with the local Electronics and Acoustics R&D, Product and Project Management as well as global manufacturing partners.
Working both strategically and hands-on, you will be taking the lead, turning the mechanical parts of our consumer product concepts into production-ready products that our suppliers can successfully manufacture at the set price and quality. This entails the transforming of concepts of electronic and acoustic solutions related to speaker systems, amplifiers, and streaming devices into mechanical solutions. Through your iterative products specifications you will be coordinating closely with manufacturing and material suppliers, identifying manufacturing solutions, prototyping, testing, validating, documenting, and deploying the final products for production at our Asian suppliers.
About the job
The position is based in Denmark where we are formally headquartered in Aarhus, Lystrup, with R&D centered in Holstebro. We offer you the option to perform the majority of the work from your home, with occasional meetings, in addition to international travel, taking place in Aarhus and Holstebro, from where you will also be able to work if you so wish.
Our suppliers are primarily based in China, Vietnam and Taiwan. When travel restrictions will be lifted, we expect that you will be travelling internationally up to 50 days a year, to meet and collaborate with our suppliers.
Formally, you will in small flat organisation be line managed by our CEO with the daily work being orchestrated through our Project Mangement.
You will be working on a variety of products and solutions, ranging from chipboard speaker cabinets to iron cast speaker drivers and accessory products, such as injection molded plastic parts and assemblies, aluminum fitting assemblies, and sheet metal cabinets. You will be researching, analyzing, prototyping and putting forward recommendations for decisions related to all aspects of mechanical engineering, including choice of materials, product design matters and recommendation of choice for manufacturing tools and processes.
- Product and parts design, including injection mould plastic parts, chipboard speaker cabinets, sheet metal cabinets, aluminum parts and speaker drivers, e.g. built with neodymium magnets and rotating devices at low speeds of 33 1/3, 45 or 78 RPM.
- Documentation of mechanical parts, including detailed 2D and 3D drawings and assembly instructions (we currently use Fusion 360).
- Close collaboration with suppliers prior to and during EFM and tooling processes.
- Single point of contact related to outsourced and running mechanical production.
- Test and validation against requirements, quality assurance.
- Dialogue with notified bodies during the type approval process.
- Providing inputs to the project plans, including reporting.
- Handling Engineering changes on existing products.
A broad range of profiles can be considered for this position. However, significant hands-on experience working with plastic molding, sheet metal and aluminum would be required. Ideally, such practical skills are complemented with a B.Sc. or a M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering. Work experience from DFM and EFM of consumer products in a product development or production environment related role where you worked independently will be considered an advantage.
- Experience in mechanical design processes.
- Significant experience working with 2D and 3D CAD systems.
- Knowledge of material science as applied in Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrated that you can work independently making sound EFM decissions.
- You are a team player with a good sense of humour and a skilled communicator.
Fluent in written and spoken English. Danish is a great advantage but not required.
What we offer
A really exciting job in a small and agile company that operates internationally and is rapidly growing. We enable and support professional and personal development and offer a job where you will directly influence the products’ development, our supplier’s production performance and the decision makers, thereby granting you a significant impact on the company’s future evolution.
How to apply
As we will be inviting selected candidates for interviews on a continuous basis, we do encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Should you desire additional information about the position, our brand Argon Audio or our company Nordic Hi-Fi A/S then please do not hesitate to contact Henrik Reinholdtsen (+45) 40 82 66 32 or email@example.com.
Apply by clicking "Apply online". Your application will be treated confidentially.
About Nordic Hi-Fi A/S and our brand Argon Audio
Nordic Hi-Fi is a Danish audio company that grew out of HiFi Klubben almost 20 years ago with a clear goal: to deliver high quality products at value-for-money prices. It all started with our first brand, Argon Audio, but today, Nordic Hi-Fi has been established as a separate company owning several brands, including Argon Audio, Vestlyd and Micro Seiki. All Nordic Hi-Fi products are designed and engineered in Denmark and carefully crafted to deliver a level of performance that punches way above their respective price classes – and always with a unique and Scandinavian design aesthetic.